Saturday, January 9, 2010

Murder on the Ile St. Louis

I always like to have a good mystery tucked away in my bottom drawer for those days when I feel a bit bored, a bit out-of-sorts, maybe a bit blue. They're usually an easy, fast read; they keep me engaged. And I always like the challenge of seeing if I can figure out 'whodunnit' before the author reveals the real culprit. When I can combine a mystery with my favorite city in the world, Paris, life gets even better. Cara Black's mysteries take me there. Her main character, Amy Leduc, keeps me on the edge of my seat as she investigates murder in some of Paris' most famous arrondissements. This mystery set on Ile St. Louis combines fast paced action, environmental concerns and remnents of a faded Polish monarchy. Learn more than you'd ever want to know about how the Seine treats its corpses and explore the sewers and underground tunnels of the City of Lights. Trust me, you'll like this one!'

PS...I know I'm weird, but I like to read Black's mysteries with my Michelin Paris Par Arrondissements Plan Atlas: Nouvelle Edition (Michelin Maps) map book in hand. I trace the action along the rues and boulevards and into each place she mentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment