Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lunch in Paris

You're probably wondering if Red Bell Reads has been reading lately! Yes, of course, Red Bell Reads lives to read. But nothing worthy of sharing has come along...that is until 'Lunch in Paris.' It's almost summer and this would be a delighful summer read. If you're vacationing/living somewhere with a great Farmer's Market and a kitchen to work in...all the better. Read the book; share in Elizabeth's journey to Paris, to love, to cooking in a tiny, tiny apartment with minimal utensils, but a wealth of imagination and appetite. The story is funny and romantic. There are several laugh out loud scenes. The recipes that the author includes will keep you paging through the book long after you've read the last page. I tried  'Poached Cod with Wilted Leeks and Homemade Mayonnaise.' Okay, it didn't turn out exactly right, but that was my fault. I substituted regular mustard for Dijon (which I didn't have), but it was still yummy. And just why have I never poached fish before?? Easy and delicious. I'm a convert. I'm anxious to try the 'Lamb Shanks with Orange and Star Anise' and the 'Summer Ratatouille.' If you buy the book, let me know which recipes you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment